tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Travis Reeder" <tra...@xabre.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat with IIS
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 15:25:18 GMT
I have it running with IIS with multiple processors just fine.  It seems
like a lot of the problems come about from not following the documentation
exactly.  You have to set it up properly and see if it runs as Tomcat alone.
Only then should you try to get the redirect working.  Also, make sure you
have the latest isapi_redirect.

Travis

-----Original Message-----
From: Ellen Kraffmiller [mailto:ekraffmiller@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 2:52 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat with IIS

Hello All,

I am currently evaluating Tomcat as a servlet engine for my company to use
on a new project.  One of the project requirements is that the servlet
engine must work well with both Apache and IIS.

So far, we have not been able to get Tomcat to successfully run with IIS.
We've followed the steps in the "how-to" document, but still are running
into a problem.  The dll that forwards the requests from IIS to Tomcat does
not appear to be working correctly.  We tried running with Microsoft PWS,
and this works, but its obviously its not something we can deploy on.  The
server we are using to test IIS/Tomcat has multiple CPUs.  Could this be
part of the problem?

Before we give up, I wanted to find out if anyone out there is successfully
deploying Tomcat with IIS, and if the performance is decent.  If you are
using IIS, please drop me a line!

Thanks,
Ellen Kraffmiller