tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James DiZoglio" <zeppe...@firstworld.net>
Subject RE: Error: 500 on servlet example
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 00:26:25 GMT
enviornment variables are not set.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mason Holding [mailto:mholding@scale8.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 5:14 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Error: 500 on servlet example

Hi all,

I was able to successfully install tomcat on a redhat machine with a 2.2.12
kernel running with apache 1.3.9, jdk1.2.2.  All of the servlet examples
work fine except for the SessionExample, where it returns the Error: 500.
The trace looks like the following:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.http.HttpSession: method
getAttributeNames()Ljava/util/Enumeration; not found
        at SessionExample.doGet(SessionExample.java:70)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:541)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:646)

What's up with this?  It claims there is no such method in sun's servlet
code.  I know this is not true because I checked.

Any ideas?

--Mason Holding