tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Cook" <jimc...@iname.com>
Subject RE: Relative Paths
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 01:28:38 GMT
I've got some more information that may help. It seems that my problem with
relative paths revolves around the fact that my context (site) is servlet
driven. In fact, I specify in my web.xml file that my servlet is mapped to
"/". Unfortunately, this has the unwanted side-effect of routing all
requests for images, resources, etc. through my servlet.

1. Is this expected behavior? Surely, it is very common to distribute a war
file with a servlet mapped to "/".

2. What's the best way to work around this situation?

thanks
jim