tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Quinn" <mqu...@myturn.com>
Subject JSERV Differences
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 17:00:14 GMT
Our site is written with JSERV, but I want to convert it completely to
Tomcat, and get rid of JSERV.

There are, however several differences.
For example, the parser for Tomcat doesn't like multiple include directives
for the same file.  Our site uses these multiple include directives, so each
of them will have to be changed to a jsp:include tag.
Also it seems that the page import directive must include all component
libraries in one directive.  It was crapping out on more than one page
import directive.

My solution: put it all in one page directive.

I.E.

<%@ page import="java.util.*,java.sql.*" %>

INSTEAD OF
<%@ page import="java.util.*" %>
<%Some code %>
<%@ page import="java.sql.*" %>

The latter works with JSERV, but not with TOMCAT.

Are there any documents anywhere that I can find that will detail the
difference between between these two jsp containers?
It would be nice to have some kind of reference for such a large transition.