tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Le" <a...@echobuzz.com>
Subject Microsoft IE and Apache+Tomcat Problem revisited
Date Wed, 03 May 2000 03:06:10 GMT
Hi all,

A few days ago, I posted a problem with Microsoft IE browsing jsp pages
served through Apache 1.3.12 + Tomcat 3.1.  The problem was that when you
move from one page to the next, the first page would remain in the browser,
followed by HTTP header info, followed by the page you are trying to get to.
The URL does get correctly redirected to the new page.  This does not happen
on Netscape at all.

I've been able to recreate this on both NT4 and RedHat 6.2.  This is what
I've found so far:

- If I access Tomcat's webserver directly, this does not occur at all (IE
and Netscape are happy with this).  Only when Apache does the hand off.

- If the pages were simple beanless jsp to beanless jsp, then the IE is
happy.  If there are beans doing database access, I would get 2 pages with
HTTP header in between.

- If the jsp pages were converted to servlets, IE would function correctly.

I've been recommended to try using <jsp:include page="somePage.jsp"
flush="true" /> versus <%@ include file="somePage.jsp" %>.  This does not
affect the behavior of IE at all.

Can someone confirm if there is a redirection problem with Apache+Tomcat or
is the problem with IE?  Please no bashing :)  I am convince this is not a
code issue since browsing directly on Tomcat's webserver works perfectly
fine.

Thanks.

Adam