tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jones" <kev...@develop.com>
Subject RE: servlet invoking
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 06:44:23 GMT
5xx errors usually mean that the call has been dispatched to your servlet
but that it has thrown some sort of exception or is unable to handle the
call. For example you've coded doGet and you are sending a 'POST' from the
form.

I would use my favourite debugging tool 'System.out.println' to put traces
in my doGet and doPost methods to see a) if they were being called (I
suspect they are) and b) how far through the methods I am getting!

Kevin Jones
DevelopMentor
www.develop.com