tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jones" <kev...@develop.com>
Subject RE: property files under tomcat/conf used?
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 18:07:57 GMT
apache-tomcat.conf is generated on the fly when you are using Tomcat with
Apache- it takes information from tomcat.conf at least and maybe the others,
I'm not sure.

Server.xml is used even when Tomcat is used stand-alone, I'm not sure of its
relationip with Apache.

I've only used tomcat.properties when trying to get Apache to start Tomcat,
again I'm not sure how else it is used.

There is a user guide (in \tomcat\doc\uguide - this may have more
information. I'm sure there are other people on this list who know more
about this than me!

Kevin Jones
DevelopMentor
www.develop.com