tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig Broadbear" <craig.broadb...@bobs.com.au>
Subject RE: repost: tomcat and apache
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 06:22:28 GMT
I had exactly the same problem a couple of days ago. I scrapped what i had
done so far then followed the instructions from:
http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/README3.1LRH6.2.shtml

and got it to work.
Good luck,
Craig broadbear

-----Original Message-----
From: Didier Bretin [mailto:dbr@informactis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 May 2000 3:50 PM
To: Tomcat-User
Subject: repost: tomcat and apache

Hello,

  I try to connect tomcat 3.1 and apache 1.3.12. I tried on two machines
under linux RH 6.0 with the jdk-1.2.2 (from Sun).
On the two machine I have the same config files for apache and tomcat. On
a machine it works but not on the other :o). Apparently when I click on a
URL to a servlet nothing appear, my navigator is searching, searching ...
and
never stop. I use the basic config files from tomcat and apache.

Apparently apache and tomcat can't connect each other. How can I verify
if something goes from apache to tomcat ? I have tried to do a telnet on the
port 8007 to see what comes up and I got a message:

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Stream broken
java.io.IOException: Stream broken
at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Ajp1
2ConnectionHandler.java:386)
at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:134)
at
)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

Thanks for any help :o)

Didier