tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kristina Öhgren <kristina.ohg...@mind.com>
Subject RE: session problem!!
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 13:55:29 GMT
Shouldn't the same happen on the other pages as well then? I can sit and do
nothing for many minutes on the other, but on this one I can't even press
the button directly after getting to the page. I always get redirected.
(This didn't happen before at all, of course).
Did I misunderstand?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joakim Verona [mailto:joakim@verona.se]
Sent: den 26 maj 2000 14:39
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: session problem!!

seems like a timeout problem? sessions doesn't live forever.
you can specify the timeout for each context in the config files, server.xml

like so:

        <Context path="/livsorder" docBase="/home/httpd/html/livsorder"
            defaultSessionTimeOut="3600" isWARExpanded="true"
            isWARValidated="false" isInvokerEnabled="true"
            isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>

this doenst work in some verisons of tomcat, then you can set the timeout
manually for the session
usin the servlet api (this has been described on the list)

> Kristina Öhgren wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I've gotten good help here before, though my questions really don't belong
here (I'm sorry). I do use Tomcat, though, and I haven't had much problems
with it. This time I'd like to know the following:

> I have a form in a jsp-page called adm.jsp (where the user can update
his/her information). Form action is adm.jsp, i.e. the same file.
> The problem is that I loose the session when the page is called the second
time, and I get redirected to my "relogin-page". I check the session by
calling session.getAttribute(...), with attribute I set when the user logs
in. Can anyone see a solution using this short information? Is there any
known issues regarding forms and sessions? Or am I totally lost?

--
Joakim Verona
joakim@verona.se