tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Giles Chanot \(LeafInternet.com\)" <gi...@leafinternet.com>
Subject RE: Virtual severs on Tomcat
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 12:07:43 GMT
Hi Joseph,

you have to have two JVMs, i.e. two instances of Tomcat running, using
different APJ ports. This is explained in the documentation under Virtual
Hosts
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.ht
ml)

As mentioned in the docs, this is a real scability issue if you want to run
lots of virtual hosts (each JVM is very resource intensive) - does anyone
know if a better solution to this problem is likely to emerge soon?

Giles

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Okomba [mailto:Okomba@kabage.co.ke]
Sent: 15 May 2000 15:17
To: 'Tomcat User List'
Subject: Virtual severs on Tomcat

I am running Apache + Tomcat on NT. I have configured several virtual
servers to run on NT. However some of these virtual servers have almost
identical directory structure. e.g.

c:\InetPub\Server1\services
c:\InetPub\Server1\products

for one virtual server, and

c:\InetPub\Server2\services
c:\InetPub\Server2\products

for another.

When I set up contexts in Tomcat for server1 the same contexts are being
used for server2 as well, e.g. if I set

Alias /services C:\InetPub\server1\services
<Directory "C:\InetPub\server1\services">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /services/servlet /services
<Location /services/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

and load http://server2/services I will be directed to
http://server1/services.

Is there a way I can prevent this from happening without redefining the
aliases for server2.

I will appreciate any assistance.