tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Giles Chanot \(LeafInternet.com\)" <gi...@leafinternet.com>
Subject RE: JDBC & Tomcat
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 22:59:06 GMT
Hi,

just to clarify slighty, I think if the JDBC (or any other) classes that you
want to include are in a JAR file, then you need to explicity specify the
JAR file in the CLASSPATH environment variable that Tomcat sees, i.e.

export CLASSPATH = ${CLASSPATH}:/usr/local/mysql/jdbc/drivers.jar (or
whatever)

But if the class files are not in a JAR file (or you choose to unpack them
from the JAR file) then placing them in /opt/tomcat/lib will automatically
make them included, as /opt/tomcat/lib is already in CLASSPATH, but you must
preserve the directory structure as in the JAR file, so for example the
class org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver would be in

/opt/tomcat/lib/org/gjt/mm/mysql/Driver.class

Hope this helps,
Giles

Marcos Martinez writes:
 > i think that you have not understand my question, i talked about, the
 > place (path directory) where i need to put the *.jar files of the
 > third-party JDBC drivers, like mSQL, MYSQL, etc....
You can put them them where you want, as long as you include them in the
CLASSPATH.