tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ken Grigg <ken.gr...@amikanow.com>
Subject mod_rewrite, mod_ssl, and mod_jserv interaction?
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 14:31:01 GMT
Hi all,

I have mod_rewrite working with mod_ssl under Apache 1.3.12 to allow me to
access both secure and non-secure HTML pages, JSPs, and servlets using
relative URLs under Tomcat 3.1 (using Redhat Linux 6.1).

My problem is that mod_rewrite is only partially effective. Relative URLs do
not get processed (or seen) by mod_rewrite when accessed from a secure page
(i.e. in an SSL session). This is strange, because from the same secure page
I can access absolute URLs and in that case mod_rewrite does see them.

The reverse is true when accessing from a non-secure page (i.e. not in an
SSL session). In that case, relative URLs are processed by mod_rewrite but
absolute URLs are not!

I use the recommended rewrite rules:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog /usr/local/apache_1.3.12/logs/rewrite_log
RewriteLogLevel 2
RewriteRule ^/(.*):SSL$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^/(.*):NOSSL$ http://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R,L]

My guess is that something in my AddModule list is mis-ordered:

ClearModuleList
AddModule mod_env.c
AddModule mod_log_config.c
AddModule mod_mime.c
AddModule mod_negotiation.c
AddModule mod_status.c
AddModule mod_include.c
AddModule mod_autoindex.c
AddModule mod_dir.c
AddModule mod_cgi.c
AddModule mod_asis.c
AddModule mod_imap.c
AddModule mod_actions.c
AddModule mod_userdir.c
AddModule mod_alias.c
AddModule mod_access.c
AddModule mod_auth.c
AddModule mod_so.c
AddModule mod_setenvif.c
AddModule mod_jserv.c
AddModule mod_ssl.c
AddModule mod_rewrite.c

If it makes a difference, all modules except for mod_jserv and mod_rewrite
are compiled into Apache.

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated!!

...Ken