tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Reid <jr...@agency.com>
Subject Somewhat reproducable bug with POST
Date Mon, 08 May 2000 23:13:48 GMT
I have Tomcat 3.1 hooked into IIS.

One "super-servlet" intercepts all requests made into
my system, reads the extra path info, and then dispatches
the request to another servlet.

Many of my servlets have their doGet() display a
page, with a form action that points to the servlet's
doPost().  This doPost(), after checking the input,
would dispatch the request to another servlet, or it
may simply call its own doGet().

Sometimes, however, when on the page displayed by the
original doGet, form submission does not work as planned.
Instead, I will get a message of the following form:

Error: 400
Location: /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
HTTP method POST is not supported by this URL

If I do a refresh right after getting this message, it
works fine.  It's also not entirely reproducable...sometimes
the process works without a hitch, sometimes it doesn't.  Oh,
and it only seems to happen under the various flavors of IE.

I have tried everything that I can think of...I've tried
modifying the "super-servlet", the individual processing
servlets themselves...nothing seems to work.  I was wondering
if anyone could help me find the cause of this bug...does
anyone know under what conditions this sort of message would
be returned?  Any help would be greatly appreciated...I'm at my
wits end.

	>	Jason Reid
		Technical Consultant
		AGENCY.COM
		100 Woodbridge Center Drive, Suite 102
		Woodbridge, NJ 07095
		Email: jreid@agency.com
		http://www.agency.com

		"Do not meddle in the affairs of programmers,
		 for they are subtle and quick to anger."