tomcat-users mailing list archives

From shac...@il.ibm.com
Subject Re: netscape [iPlanet] redirector questions -- more info
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 07:16:24 GMT

Daniel,

First, thanks for the info... What is the exact version of IPlanet that you
are using? I will try to
install it on my NT and recreate the bug (no promise). Also, it may be a
compilation flags problem...
can you please zip and send me (privately) the content of your
$SUITSPOT/nsapi  and
SUITSPOT/include directories?

As for the bug. This is really strange because "request_header()" is well
known part of NSAPI and
you say that the code passed the compilation successfully... In any case,
let's try the following
workaround:

Instead of using "request_header()", set the content_length based on the
values extracted during
setup_http_headers().

Comment out all the following lines:

    rc  = request_header("content-length",
                         &tmp,
                         private_data->sn,
                         private_data->rq);

    if((rc != REQ_ABORTED) && tmp) {
        s->content_length = atoi(tmp);
    }

Go to line 432 and add the lines marked with **

                while(h && h->param) {
if(!strcmp(h->param->name, "content-length")) {         **
     s->content_length = atoi(h->param->value);    **
}                                        **
                    s->headers_names[cnt]  = h->param->name;
                    s->headers_values[cnt] = h->param->value;
                    cnt++;
                    h = h->next;
                }

And we will see what happens...

But this is only a workaround, we should check  what is the real problem
here and fix it.

     Gal Shachor

Gal Shachor
IBM Research, Haifa Lab.
Email: shachor@il.ibm.com
Notes: Gal Shachor/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
Phone: +972-4-8296164
Fax: +972-4-8550070
Address: IBM Haifa Research Lab, Matam, Haifa 31905, Israel