tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandros Kotsiras" <kotsi...@mediaondemand.com>
Subject RE: Newbie - Sessions without cookies?
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 14:53:01 GMT
URL rewriting in Tomcat only works on the standalone operation (8080) which
is of limited use.
Unfortunatelly when used with Apache and you need to track sessions (ex.
Shopping Cart) you are in big trouble..

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Rhines [mailto:jrhines@email.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2000 6:05 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Newbie - Sessions without cookies?

At the risk of posting too often, i thought i'd say the URLEncode link in
the Sessions example
(http://localhost.localdomain/examples/servlet/SessionExample when Tomcat is
installed according to the docs) does not seem to be working either.
Checked the code, and encodeURL is being called.  Does anyone have a patch
in production?

Regards,
Jeff