tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandros Kotsiras" <kotsi...@mediaondemand.com>
Subject java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/naming/NamingException
Date Tue, 09 May 2000 01:49:11 GMT

  Hello,
  I am getting this error when i FIRST try to create a Bean from my Servlet.
  I am using MVC design pattern so from my JSP i call a Servlet which
creates   a database  bean
  In the constructor of my Bean i query the database,  create the ResultSet
and then i am issuing the statement :
  CachedRowSet  crs = new sun.jdbc.rowset.CachedRowSet();

  I am using the CachedRowSet utility from Sun which is like a Scrollable
ResultSet .
  At this point that "Naming Exception" is thrown and i get Internal Server
Error on my browser Screen  ... BUT :
  This happens only the first time that the servlet tries to create the
Bean.
  In other words if a click "Reload" after the "Internal Server Error" the
CachedRoewSet is being created without an
  exception and after that everything works fine ......

  All my jar/zip libraries are defined in the classpath which i setup in the
Tomcat.bat file . .

  Does anybody know what that exception means ? ?

 ±˜˜˜°