tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Richard McKinley <>
Subject RE: hello list
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 23:26:38 GMT
I have built something that does this very effectively.  It is basically a
matter of using the methods of JDBC ResultSet and ResultSetMetaData
effectively.  My code requires that only an updateable query be passed to it
as a String.  That is all the info the it needs.  The columns of the
resulting table are sortable and the records are updateable.  You don't need
to supply a Key or anything.  Email me for more info.  It's not ready for
public consumption ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Koen Dejonghe []
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2000 4:02 PM
Subject: hello list

I'm new to the list. I'm also new to Java and even newer to servlets etc...
I've been playing with Tomcat and I managed to build a browser on tables of
an Oracle database.
What I'd really like to do though is to build a simple user interface that
allows me to browse/insert/modify/delete records in tables of the database.
Rather than reinvinting the wheel I thought I'd ask if anyone knows if such
a thing has already been built so that I can modify it to my own needs.
Thanks very much and I hope I'll be able to contribute to the list in the

Koen Dejonghe.

To unsubscribe, email:
For additional commmands, email:

View raw message