tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Geocaris, John" <>
Subject Recursive Include?!
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 21:34:25 GMT
I have the following two files, and when executed I get the following

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException: Seen file /jsp/test/include.jsp
already, maybe this is a recursive include?!

--- test.jsp begin ---
<HEAD><TITLE>Test Include</TITLE></HEAD>
Contents of Include 1:
<%@ include file="/jsp/test/include.jsp" %>
Contents of Include 1 Again:
<%@ include file="/jsp/test/include.jsp" %>
--- test.jsp end ---

--- include.jsp begin ---
<B>Include #1</B>
--- include.jsp end ---

If i take out the second include reference to the same page, everything
works fine. I need the ability to do this, and I know it worked on 3.1 M1,
and  Suns JSWDK1.01 allows the same type of includes.

I belive this was reported as a bug in Tomcat 3.1 Final Release, but am not
sure. Can anyone please confirm is this has? Also, any information on
when/if this is fixed would be appreciated.

View raw message