tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mason Holding <>
Subject RE: Tomcat standalone
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 16:59:59 GMT

I tried the IBM jdk and it is noticeably faster, although it crashed every
once in a while.  I got a beta version, so I'm hoping they will have it
stable by the first production release.  I didn't compile tomcat, so I can't
say what your problem is.  I would try the sun jdk1.2.2

I have no problem with Ant, the Tools, and the servlet API.
I use Sun's Jaxp 1.0.1 and JDK 1.1.8. The Tomcat's version is
nightly-build. Do I need to have JDK 1.2.x?

Does anyone use IBM's JDK 1.2.x? How is it compared to Sun's in terms of
compile-time and running speed? How do their JITs perform?

To unsubscribe, email:
For additional commmands, email:

View raw message