tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mason Holding <mhold...@scale8.com>
Subject Error: 500 on servlet example
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 00:14:19 GMT

Hi all,

I was able to successfully install tomcat on a redhat machine with a 2.2.12
kernel running with apache 1.3.9, jdk1.2.2.  All of the servlet examples
work fine except for the SessionExample, where it returns the Error: 500.
The trace looks like the following:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.http.HttpSession: method
getAttributeNames()Ljava/util/Enumeration; not found
        at SessionExample.doGet(SessionExample.java:70)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:541)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:646)

What's up with this?  It claims there is no such method in sun's servlet
code.  I know this is not true because I checked.

Any ideas?

--Mason Holding