tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Perlman, Seth" <sperl...@proxicom.com>
Subject Configuring personal webapp directories
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 20:07:17 GMT
I'd like to configure Tomcat to have a web application directory for each
user on my Web server (it's a box set up for educational purposes), but not
have to modify server.xml every time a new user is created. Much like
~username maps to /home/username/public_html, I'd like to have something
like /app/username map to /home/username/webapp, such that
/app/username/servlet/HelloWorld will execute username's HelloWorld servlet
located in /home/username/webapp/WEB-INF/classes.

Is such a configuration possible, and if so, could someone provide some
instruction?

Thanks,
seth