tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "BCR \\ CRAPART Bruno" <bcrap...@grh-informatique.fr>
Subject RE: Changes in Servlet not getting loaded
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 13:47:38 GMT
In my opinion, it is a cache problem.
This lines might help you.

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no-cache">
<%
  response.setHeader("Expires", "Mon, 26 Jul 1990 05:00:00 GMT");
// Date in the past
  response.setHeader("Cache-Control" ,"no-cache, must-revalidate");
// HTTP/1.1
  response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
// HTTP/1.0
%>

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Ritesh Kumar [mailto:riteshk@blr.aptech.ac.in]
Envoyé : jeudi 11 mai 2000 15:40
À : tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : Changes in Servlet not getting loaded

Hi,

When I put a fresh servlet under /webapps/example/WEB-INF/classes it
works fine.

But if I change .java file and compile to .class file and then try to
use that servlet then also it picks up old .class file and not the
updated one.

Only when I restart tomcat and then apache, the new .class file is
uploaded.

Anyidea why this happens?

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh Kumar.