tomcat-users mailing list archives

From (Joseph A. Martin (The LaterDude))
Subject Adding jarred servlet to context
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 16:26:24 GMT

I am running Tomcat 3.1 on Debian GNU/Linux 2.2. I have apache
1.3.12. I am using Sun's JDK for Linux 1.2.2.

I am trying to get an Enhydra servlet working with Tomcat. Enhydra
servlet applications consist of two parts: a jar containing the actual
application code, and the enhydra jar file. I have created a directory
(called martinja) underneath the webapps directory in the
jakarta-tomcat directory. Underneath martinja I created
WEB-INF/classes. Inside of the classes directory I created symlinks to
the jar files.

This is the web.xml file I have in the WEB-INF directory:

<!DOCTYPE web-app

The class org.enhydra.Servlet is in the enhydra.jar file in the
classes directory.

In TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml I put the following entry:

        <Context path="/martinja" docBase="webapps/martinja" debug="1" reloadable="true"

in the appropriate section. I have apache redirecting requests from
/java to the /martinja context. When I try to load
"http://localhost/java/photo" or
"http://localhost/java/org.enhydra.Servlet" I get a 404 not found
error from Jakarta. The apache logs show that the request was passed
through just fine, but apparently Jakarta is not finding the

What information am I missing? I appreciate any help.

the "LaterDude"
 ICQ: 52640402

All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer unless otherwise noted.

View raw message