tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Glenn.P.Brau...@flagstar.com
Subject Re: Recursive Include?!
Date Mon, 22 May 2000 12:33:12 GMT

Yes, this has been reported as a bug in Tomcat 3.1.  I've seen a patch
floating around, but it's not an "official" release.  I'm assuming that the
fix will make into the next release.

jgeocaris@HotSamba.com on 05/17/2000 05:34:25 PM

Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

To:   tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc:    (bcc: Glenn P Brauser/Flagstar_notes)
Subject:  Recursive Include?!

I have the following two files, and when executed I get the following
exception:
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException: Seen file /jsp/test/include.jsp
already, maybe this is a recursive include?!
--- test.jsp begin ---
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Test Include</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
Contents of Include 1:
<%@ include file="/jsp/test/include.jsp" %>
<BR>
Contents of Include 1 Again:
<%@ include file="/jsp/test/include.jsp" %>
</BODY>
</HTML>
--- test.jsp end ---
--- include.jsp begin ---
<B>Include #1</B>
--- include.jsp end ---
If i take out the second include reference to the same page, everything
works fine. I need the ability to do this, and I know it worked on 3.1 M1,
and  Suns JSWDK1.01 allows the same type of includes.
I belive this was reported as a bug in Tomcat 3.1 Final Release, but am not
sure. Can anyone please confirm is this has? Also, any information on
when/if this is fixed would be appreciated.
Thanks
-John