tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Albert James" <aja...@sdyn.com>
Subject RE: automatic reloading of classes
Date Sat, 20 May 2000 21:07:45 GMT

Thanks for the quick response.  Yes, this corrected #1, however now I'm back to
#2.  If I make a change to a servlet or a bean, recompile and hit reload in my
browser, I see the message RELOAD! flash by (this is correct behavior, I
assume), but I get an error 500 on my browser.  If I restart the server (i.e.
./shutdown.sh, ./startup.sh), everything behaves correctly.  I know the servlet
is being reloaded -- I was debugging to System.err and watched the behavior
change between runs.  The JSP on the other hand seems to be the culprit.  Exact
error is as follows:

Error: 500

Location: /dir/create.jsp

Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: com.abc.xyz
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java,

Compiled Code)
        at
vend_00025r._0002fvendor_0002fcreate_0002ejspcreate_jsp_153._jspService(_0002fvendor_0002fcreate_0002ejspcreate_jsp_153.java,

Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java,
Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java,
 Compiled Code)
        at com.whosearmy.vendor.Create.doGet(Create.java, Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java,

Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)

Root cause:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.abc.xyz
[...]

Kind Regards,
Albert.

Olga Uskova <olgau@common-sense.com> on 05/20/2000 03:58:41 PM

Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org