tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Glenn.P.Brau...@flagstar.com
Subject jsp:include problem
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 18:28:53 GMT

We seem to be having 2 problems with using the <jsp:include> tag under
Tomcat 3.1.
1.  When attempting to include the same file multiple times in the same
JSP, we get the following compilation error:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException: Seen file
/includes/list_bad_errors.jsp already, maybe this is a recursive include?!
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.pushFile(JspReader.java,
Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.pushFile(JspReader.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEv
entListener.java, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingLis
tener.java, Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java,
Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java, Compiled
 Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspS
ervlet.java, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.j
ava, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http
ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)

2.  The JSP engine does not always recompile the included file after it has
 been updated.

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing these problems and if so,
how they were able to resolve or work around them.