tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martino, Karl" <...@staff.philly.com>
Subject philly.com and Tomcat
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 18:21:24 GMT
This is an FYI and a thanks,

We are using Tomcat as our servlet container at philly.com.  It is running
our new, Java based, newspaper content management system we call cofax.

The Philadelphia Inquirer
----------------
http://web.philly.com/content/inquirer/

The Wilkes Barre Times Leader
-------------------
http://www.timesleader.com/

About Cofax (really incomplete docs so far, sorry folks...)
-----------------------
http://cofax.staff.philly.com/cofax/about.htm

We really appreciate the hard work the Tomcat team has put forth with this
great servlet engine.

BTW, the developers here at philly.com (me included) are pushing to open
source our content management solution and would love to donate it to the
Jakarta project if we get the OK.

This project is a huge success for us and our users.  Soon (by week's end)
we will have the Philadelpia Daily News publishing with the system.  Other
papers in the KnightRidder.com network are evaluating cofax as well.

Again, from our development team and users, thank you,
-Karl

Karl Martino
Senior Software Engineer
KnightRidder.com -> philly.com