tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Kolmar <m...@mantamedia.com>
Subject RE: Load Balancing with Tomcat 3.1
Date Tue, 09 May 2000 18:41:26 GMT
Offhand, I might suggest dynamically-generated links and/or URL
rewriting to ensure that the next request for a given user/session is
sent to the server on which the session was first generated.
However, I may misunderstand your question, as I'm not familiar with
those features of mod_jserv.

What would be the purpose of attempting load-balancing on a single
physical server?  Would this have something to do with load on a single
JVM vs. multiple JVMs?

Mark Kolmar
Manta Media Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Nietfeld [mailto:nietfeld@agentscape.de]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 7:37 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Load Balancing with Tomcat 3.1

I am trying to use the load balancing features of mod_jserv, i.e. the
routing trailor appended to the session cookie. I am using Apache 1.3.12
with Tomcat 3.1 on Windows NT. I have the following lines in my
tomcat-apache.conf:

ApJServMount /examples/servlet balance://set-1/examples
ApJServBalance set-1 tomcat-1
ApJServBalance set-1 tomcat-2
ApJServHost tomcat-1 ajpv12://192.168.101.25:8007
ApJServHost tomcat-2 ajpv12://192.168.101.25:8008
ApJServShmFile D:\Programme\tomcat-3.1\conf\jserv.shm

Although the session cookie is created and the trailor appended, the
next request is routed to the other tomcat and a new session is created.
Any ideas or configuration hints?

Thanks in advance,
Markus.