tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jaime Vasquez <Ja...@BinarTek.com>
Subject RE: What's this?
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 14:34:58 GMT
I've seen this before here is my previous answer:

I have encountered this before and its usually some other java error;
however the error information you are seeing is an after the fact
description.  To get to the real error I recommend the following:

Enclose all of your code in a try catch block,  introduce the try as early
as possible.  Remember that the JSP code you write will become java code in
the body of a servlet's service member function.

<%
try
{
%>

Put all your content here jsp and html.

<%
}
catch(Throwable e)
{
  e.printStackTrace(new java.io.PrintWriter(out));
}
%>

This will print out the error to the screen and hopefully will give you a
better description of the source.  I use this technique all through out the
development stage and replace it with a JSP errorpage directive for
production.  I hope this helps

Regards,

Jaime Vasquez
jaime@binartek.com