tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kim, Greg" <gr...@Corio.com>
Subject calling another "local" servlet within a servlet?
Date Wed, 24 May 2000 19:11:24 GMT

I'm trying to call another servletX from servletY.  Both servlets reside
on the same machine.  I've tried the RequestDispatcher.forward(...), but
this
method requires that it is called before the reponse has been committed
to the
client (before reponse body output has been flushed).

My servletY does BOTH the processing of a request and also generates a
reponse
(client gets a message - client is done), then servletY calls servletX
to do some
server side processing and it does not repond to any client.  It just
needs the
request.   Is there an API to accomplish what I want to do?

thanks
Greg