tomcat-users mailing list archives

From agus...@ngweb.com
Subject JVMs to run Tomcat
Date Tue, 09 May 2000 21:14:33 GMT
Hi,
I installed Tomcat 3.1 using RH6.0 (kernel 2.2.5-15), and the Blackdown jdk
1.2 as a JVM.
Everything installed OK and the JVM runs OK even with heavy apps like Sun's
Forte IDE.
Tomcat installed OK and the startup process runs with no problem.

The problem is when I send the first request to execute a JSP or sevlet, it
executes the
servlet or JSP and inmediately after that, Tomcat  shutdown sending the
following
messages to the console:
java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Compiled Code)
         at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Compiled Code)
         at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(Compiled Code)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8007] shutdown due
to exception: java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
Does anybody experience this kind of problem ?
Because as the configuration I am using is not an unusual one,
I'm sure this happens to somebody else in the past, but as I am new to the
list and I couldn't find
and archive of past messages, I am asking this.

I already try several JVMs (jre1.5, jdk 1.1.7) with no positive results but
I can't figure out what's happening.

Regards,

Agustin