tomcat-users mailing list archives

From agus...@ngweb.com
Subject tomcat and java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 19:51:19 GMT
Hi,

I installed Tomcat 3.1 using:
		RedHat 6.0 (kernel build 2.2.5-15)
		Apache 1.3.12-2
		jdk 1.2

The installation was OK and Tomcat starts ok.

The problem is when I send the first request to execute a JSP/sevlet, it
executes the
servlet or JSP and it display the results on the browser BUT
after that, tomcat shutdown sending the following messages to the console:
java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Compiled Code)
         at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Compiled Code)
         at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(Compiled Code)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8007] shutdown due
to exception: java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
I check every step of the installation process and every config file but
everything
seems to be normal.

I was wondering if this could happen due to possible incompatibilities with
the JVM (jdk 1.2) I am using but I run several other java programs and no
one seems to have
any problems with the JVM.

Any idea of what's wrong ?.

Best regards,