tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alec Bau <Alec....@msdw.com>
Subject Re: Developing servlets on unix platform: IDE's
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 15:33:28 GMT
I've tried this (debugging Tomcat, servlets and beans under JB35) and it works like a
charm with Apache or standalone. Actually if you don't want to debug Tomcat itself (just
servlets/beans) you even don't need to make a separate project and compile Tomcat under
JB35 as the article suggests. Simply group all tomcat/lib jars under JB's "Tomcat" library
tag and set up run configuration parameters as in the article.

Rick Horowitz wrote:

> Check out this posting on Borland's site:
>
> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,22057,00.html
>
> Charlie Woloszynski wrote:
> >
> > Can you use JBuilder to debug in TomCat?
> >
> > Charlie
> >
> > Alexander Kogan wrote:
> >
> > > Alec,
> > >
> > > THANKS A BUNCH. WE'VE MADE MY DAY.
> > >
> > > I get to run JBuilder3.5 on my Compaq (DEC) XP1000
> > > with Tru64 (DigitalUnix) 4.0E and latest Compaq
> > > JDK 1.2.2.6 (JPDA support included).
> > >
> > > You're absolutely right - JBuilder3.5 is pure java.
> > > By using your techniques I copied everything from Solaris,
> > > updated some settings and it works. BTW, JBuilder much
> > > faster than forte4j in my environment.
> > >
> > > More over, on http://community.borland.com there is
> > > an article how to set up JBuilder to work Tomcat 3.1.
> > > Hope it also works.
> > >
> > > Thanks again,

Windows
NT. Then