tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Kogan <ko...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Developing servlets on unix platform: IDE's
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 23:04:32 GMT
Alec,

THANKS A BUNCH. WE'VE MADE MY DAY.

I get to run JBuilder3.5 on my Compaq (DEC) XP1000
with Tru64 (DigitalUnix) 4.0E and latest Compaq
JDK 1.2.2.6 (JPDA support included).

You're absolutely right - JBuilder3.5 is pure java.
By using your techniques I copied everything from Solaris,
updated some settings and it works. BTW, JBuilder much
faster than forte4j in my environment.

More over, on http://community.borland.com there is
an article how to set up JBuilder to work Tomcat 3.1.
Hope it also works.

Thanks again,

Alec Bau wrote:

> We use Jb35 Pro (superset of a free Foundation version) on Solaris and Windows
> and it's 100% pure Java. Out of curiosity we tested this by simply installing
> JB35 Foundation version for Solaris and then copying the whole tree to NT. Then
> we wrote a simple batch script based on original Unix bootstrapper. It worked
> fine though you need to tinker with other property files to make it look nice.
> Before version 3.5 JB was mostly Java with Win native parts in Delphi (though
> Jb3 Foundation was pure Java). One catch is that to use integrated debugger on
> other than supported platforms (Win, Solaris, RedHat Linux) IDE should run under
> 1.2 JDK that supports JPDA.

Alexander Kogan    Parametric Technology Corporation
kogan@ptc.com      128 Technology Drive, Waltham MA 02453