tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alec Bau <Alec....@msdw.com>
Subject Re: Developing servlets on unix platform: IDE's
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 19:32:10 GMT
We use Jb35 Pro (superset of a free Foundation version) on Solaris and Windows
and it's 100% pure Java. Out of curiosity we tested this by simply installing
JB35 Foundation version for Solaris and then copying the whole tree to NT. Then
we wrote a simple batch script based on original Unix bootstrapper. It worked
fine though you need to tinker with other property files to make it look nice.
Before version 3.5 JB was mostly Java with Win native parts in Delphi (though
Jb3 Foundation was pure Java). One catch is that to use integrated debugger on
other than supported platforms (Win, Solaris, RedHat Linux) IDE should run under
1.2 JDK that supports JPDA.