tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Kogan <ko...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Developing servlets on unix platform: IDE's
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 18:45:13 GMT
Yes, you're correct.

It is *possible* to use it for some development by
adding new servlet.jap from tomcat to your project.

but it is impossible to debug and test it inside of forte.
Ok, at least I had no luck. If you got some success let me
know.

Again, technically speaking, I got following respond from
forte people:

> Does anybody know whether forte4j IE1.01 (build 837)
> supports servlet API 2.2 and JSP 1.1?
>
> Sun web site states that
>       http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/industry.html
>
> but I found (for instance) that
>
> HttpSession.getAttribute() is not supported.
>
> Am I wrong?

Hi, Alexander,

No, you are correct.  This support will be in the next version
of the JSP
support module, which we hope to have available to the EAP
list in an alpha
or beta state in the near future.

Regards,

Tim Boudreau
NetBeans - Sun Microsystems

"kc.baltz" wrote:

> What do you mean by "does not support Servlet API 2.2 and JSP 1.1 yet"?  I
> have been using it for my development of 2.2 servlets and JSP 1.1.  However
> I have not been using it to debug or execute them, maybe that's what you're
> referring to.  However, for my purposes I have found the Forte environment
> to be very helpful.

Alexander Kogan    Parametric Technology Corporation
kogan@ptc.com      128 Technology Drive, Waltham MA 02453