tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: How to setup login based security?
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 16:01:30 GMT
Kristina Öhgren wrote:

> I have never gotten request.getSession(false) to return null either. Isn't a
> session created as soon as you enter the site using tomcat?
> I check a parameter that I set in the session instead. Not a desireable
> solution, but the only one that works for me so far.

Calls to getSession(false) will return null if there was no previous session in
existence.

Sessions are created under the following circumstances:

- You create one in a servlet by calling getSession() or
  getSession(true) at some point.

- You execute a JSP page, which calls one of these
  methods by default unless you tell it not to:

    <%@ page session="false" %>

> // Kristina

Craig McClanahan