tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kulla <ku...@metabox.de>
Subject How to setup login based security?
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 14:10:33 GMT
Hi,

my webapplication starts with a form based user login. A database lookup is
made to check if there is a user account. When the login is successfull an
user object is inserted in the current session data. All other servlets of my
webapp should check if these user object exists and if not redirect the
request to the login form.

My idea is to implement a check servlet (or a simple class) which
checks every request to my webapp before the requested servlet is called.
Is this possible with tomcat or is there any other way to secure my webapp.

Regards,

	Christoph
| Dipl.-Inf. Christoph Kulla                        mailto:kulla@metabox.de |
| Met@box AG                                          http://www.metabox.de |
| Daimlerring 37                                                            |
| 31135 Hildesheim			            Phone: +49-5121-7533-0  |
| Germany                                             Fax: +49-5121-7533-78 |