tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joakim Verona <joa...@verona.se>
Subject Re: session problem!!
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 12:39:23 GMT
seems like a timeout problem? sessions doesn't live forever.
you can specify the timeout for each context in the config files, server.xml

like so:

        <Context path="/livsorder" docBase="/home/httpd/html/livsorder"
            defaultSessionTimeOut="3600" isWARExpanded="true"
            isWARValidated="false" isInvokerEnabled="true"
            isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>

this doenst work in some verisons of tomcat, then you can set the timeout manually for the
session
usin the servlet api (this has been described on the list)

> Kristina Öhgren wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I've gotten good help here before, though my questions really don't belong here (I'm
sorry). I do use Tomcat, though, and I haven't had much problems with it. This time I'd like
to know the following:

> I have a form in a jsp-page called adm.jsp (where the user can update his/her information).
Form action is adm.jsp, i.e. the same file.
> The problem is that I loose the session when the page is called the second time, and
I get redirected to my "relogin-page". I check the session by calling session.getAttribute(...),
with attribute I set when the user logs in. Can anyone see a solution using this short information?
Is there any known issues regarding forms and sessions? Or am I totally lost?

--
Joakim Verona
joakim@verona.se