tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hugh O'Brien" <hu...@intelis.com>
Subject Re: servlet invoking
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 16:07:12 GMT
"kc.baltz" wrote:

> > K.C.
> >
> > What would the "action" attribute look like on a form tag for
> > this same
> > example.?
> >
> > <form name=foo action="?" >
> >
> > Hugh W. O'Brien
> > Java Enterprise Developer @ Intelis
> >

> If you wanted the target(action) of your form to be the ChatServlet, then
> you would have action="/ChatServlet", just like the mapping in
> <servlet-mapping>.
>
> Of course you could also have action="http://yourhost/chat/ChatServlet", but
> that would violate the design intent of Web Apps.
>
> K.C.

Are you sure ?  My form still can't find my servlet.  He is my specific example
I am working with.

relevent piece of web.xml file

 <servlet>
  <servlet-name>ValidateSignupLogin</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.intelis.webfe.servlets.signup.ValidateSignupLogin</servlet-class>

  <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
 </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>ValidateSignupLogin</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/ValidateSignupLogin</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

In my jsp

<form name="CreateAccount" action="/ValidateSignupLogin"  method="POST">
</form>

The error I get is:

Error: 404

Location: /ValidateSignupLogin