tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Kogan <ko...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Design Opinion
Date Wed, 24 May 2000 22:05:59 GMT
James,

Why don't you want make your portlets as regular java classes.
You may "populate" them by name using Class.forName(). Also
you may
encode class names as hidden parameters in forms.

All data can be stored in Hashtable, then pass Hashtable as
input
parameter for all classes. More over you can inherit all
portlets
from one super portlet with one "execute" method.

This design is called "Smart Servlets". You may find more
information
on Web or check some java-server books.

Of course sometimes it is not suitable.

Best,