tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Kogan <ko...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Newbie - Sessions without cookies?
Date Wed, 24 May 2000 21:55:50 GMT
Jeff,

I know nothing about "sessions/carts" example. What's that?

But, you're right - if you turn off cookies it "must" work.

from servlet API 2.2 javadoc:

  For robust session tracking, all URLs emitted by a servlet
should be
  run through this method [encodeURL]. Otherwise, URL
rewriting cannot
  be used with browsers which do not support cookies.

Best,

Jeff Rhines wrote:

> Alexander,
>
> Thanks for the information.  That seems to be exactly what i need.  However,
> i believe i have confirmed that it's busted.  Just to sanity check with the
> list however, if i turn cookies off when using the "sessions/carts" example,
> it should still work, is that correct?
>
> Jeff

Alexander Kogan    Parametric Technology Corporation
kogan@ptc.com      128 Technology Drive, Waltham MA 02453