tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Timothy M. Enders" <timothy.end...@kodak.com>
Subject XML and 3.0 vs 3.1
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 19:50:17 GMT
Sorry if this is a repeat - I've had trouble with our mail filter -

A simple description of my problem is that I have a servlet that uses
xml4j.jar (which I install in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext). Under Tomcat 3.0
all is fine. However, Tomcat 3.1 won't start under this configuration
with ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.parser.Parser

A similar problem arises with xerces.jar

Any insight that can be provided is appreciated!
Timothy M. Enders                Email: timothy.enders@kodak.com
C&GS App Adv Dev Lab             Voice: (716) 253-5788
Eastman Kodak Co.                Fax:   (716) 253-5734