tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hank Fisher <fish...@ucar.edu>
Subject Re: Hello and Question...
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 15:14:26 GMT

	The way that I do it is to start Xvfb (X virtual frame Buffer) within my tomcat
startup script and then set the display to that frame buffer.  i.e.

  /usr/bin/X11/Xvfb -ac :2 -screen 0 1600x1200x8  &
  DISPLAY=localhost:2.0
  export DISPLAY

	This will set up a virtual windowing system that you can draw frames to and
that tomcat has access to.

Hank