tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gal Shachor <shac...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: can't start apache server.
Date Fri, 19 May 2000 08:56:28 GMT

Iris Lau wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to start a apache server from my own directory.
> Actually, there is already a apache server in the unix system, I copied
> its conf/, icon/, logs/ and modified the httpd.conf ( only change the
> path to my directory ).
> But when I run "/home/web/bin/httpd -f
> /home/r8025c/myapache/conf/httpd.conf"
> I always got the following strange error :
>
> Syntax error on line 207 of /home/r8025c/myapache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command ExtendedStatus
>
> But in my httpd.conf line 207, there is only :
> ExtendedStatus On
>
> What can I do ??

The configuration directive that can reside inside your httpd.conf are a
function
of the compiled modules that are present in your apache instance. It
seems that you
took the conf file that uses mod_status (something that you apparently
do not have).

Why wouldn't you take the conf files as copied for you by "make
install"?

Another option will be to remove the "ExtendedStatus On" directive but
nobody knows
what other configuration problems you will have.

	Gal Shachor