tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vincent Aumont <vincent.aum...@vslab.com>
Subject Re: I need to debug a serlet: How can I do it?
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 15:47:43 GMT
To debug your servlets, you need to run tomcat  itself
in the debugger. To do so, you must write your own tomcat main (see
code below).
Note that you must define the tomcat.home property ( in a properties
file or passed on the command line (-Dtomecat.home=[...]/tomcat-jakarta)

Vincent.
---------------------
import org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat;
import java.lang.Exception;
import java.util.*;
import java.io.*;

public class Tomcat {

    try {
      Tomcat.main(new String[] {});
    } catch (Exception e) {
      System.out.println("Can't start Tomcat");
      System.out.println(e);
      System.exit(0);
    }
  }