tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Iris Lau" <r80...@email.sps.mot.com>
Subject Re: Setting Port number !!
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 04:14:58 GMT

Bob Tanner wrote:

> Quoting Iris Lau (r8025c@email.sps.mot.com):
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I found this error when I run startup.sh.
> >
> > FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address already in use
> > java.net.BindException: Address already in use
> >         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Compiled Code)
> >         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Compiled Code)
> >         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Compiled Code)
> >         at
>
> Run the shutdown.sh and then try the startup.sh again.

I have run shutdown.sh but still doesn't work.

> If that does not work, ps -ef | grep jdk and kill the jdk running tomcat.

I have tried " ps -ef | grep jdk" no process is running.

I have also tried " netstat -a | grep 8007, I found that it's status is
LISTEN.
Is it someone else is using this port ?? so do I need to change the default
port number ??
If yes, is it change in server.xml ?? Do I need to save the changed server.xml
to another file (eg. server_iris.xml) and startup tomcat with
"server_iris.xml" or just use server.xml ??

Also there is two connector in server.xml, one for stand-alone operation, the
other one for web-server integration. If I want to setup tomcat to work with
apache, is it mean I have to use the second one (change 8007 to another port
number) and deleted the first one before I run the startup.sh ???

Besides, is it I must setup the mod_jserv.so if I want to make tomcat to work
with apache ???

Thanks a lot !!