tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sean McCauliff <se...@narus.com>
Subject Re: Cookies in Redirect
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 00:09:02 GMT
Thanks for your very complete response to this subject.  I looked at the code
myself and I found a simpler work around:

        Cookie long_term = new Cookie(LONG_TERM_COOKIE_NAME,user_name);
        long_term.setMaxAge(60*60*24*4);
        long_term.setPath("/Blah");
        response.addCookie(long_term);

        response.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_MOVED_TEMPORARILY);
        response.setHeader("Location",REDIRECT_PAGE);

Thanks.  I would have been doomed.
-Sean

Patrick Wibbeler wrote:

> Yes, it is a bug.  It was discussed here recently.  The subject was:
> <subject>Re: No application cookies are getting sent to browser (Redirect
> drops cookies)</subject>  The final message of the thread was written by
> "Craig R. McClanahan [Craig.McClanahan@eng.sun.com]":

[stuff deleted]