tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Kogan <ko...@ptc.com>
Subject tomcat + apache : new <Context>
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 16:51:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm just begin to work with Tomcat + Apache, so please
forgive me if I asked obvious things.

I tried to add new "Context" for my web-appl. I decided
not to put it in standard place $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/
but into my home directory.

I added following lines in server.xml

<Context path="/CdCollection"
docBase="/home/kogan/CdCollection" debug="0" reloadable="true"

</Context>

and created web.xml for my application.

Everything works fine inside of tomcat. I can access it as

http://localhost:8080/CdCollection

 But it doesn't work with apache server, because tomcat
produced following lines in  tomcat-apache.conf

Alias /CdCollection
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/CdCollection
<Directory "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/CdCollection">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /CdCollection/servlet /CdCollection
<Location /CdCollection/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

It puts my context into default "webapps" place.

Does anybody know how to work it out?

Thanks in advance.

Alexander Kogan    Parametric Technology Corporation
kogan@ptc.com      128 Technology Drive, Waltham MA 02453