tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ritesh Kumar <rite...@blr.aptech.ac.in>
Subject Modified Servlets not getting uploaded.
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 11:07:59 GMT
Hi,
I had written yesterday regarding this. Now some more query after doing
below R&D:
 Problem: Servlet classes are not getting reloaded R&D Done: When a
Servlet java file is recompiled after the changes the new class file is
not being reloaded by the servlet engine. We have used a decompiler to
check if the changes are reflected in the .class files and yes changes
are reflected.We also deleted the .class file but tomcat still gives the
output.This means that tomcat stores the .class files in its cache
memory. We have carried out the following conf. settings as suggested.1.
Changes in the  conf/server.xml: <Context path="" docBase="webapps/ROOT"
debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>Context for /test and /examples is basically the same. 2. We
have blocked the direct access to WEB_INF directory by changing the
tomcat-apache.conf including  ApJServMount /Shop /root
  <Location /Shop/WEB-INF/>
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
  </Location>This ensures that this directory is served by Apache via
Tomcat. Apache sends the requests to this directory to Tomcat rather
than serve the directory directly.  Looking for solutionIt should not be
necessary to restart a development server, much less a
production server, in order to modify a single servlet on a site.So,1.
Is there any other conf setting to be done?2. Is there any way of
clearing the cache of tomcat where it keeps the .class files.3. Is there
any manual way of reloading the servlets.4. Is there a patch for tomcat
to do the job? Regards,
Ritesh Kumar.